The Church dates back to 1300 and features a bell tower that's “baroque in style and topped with a cross”. The structure is made of brick and has a rectangular shape. Besides the altar, there are two marble columns that form an oval on the top with a medallion in the middle. Rebuilt in the 14th century, the church is mentioned in the papal tithes of 1297 and described as a chapel dependent of the St. Giustina monastery in Padua. It is one of the few churches to have survived the great destruction of Cangrande della Scala in 1325 and the subsequent demographic crisis due to the war between the Venetians and the Carraresi family between the end of the 12th century and the beginning of the 15th. The church was renovated and consecrated in 1519 and was even improved in 1617 when the Benedictine monks returned.