On the right of the secondary school "M. Cesarotti" at number 7 of Via Cesarotti, there is a long avenue of Mediterranean Pine trees that leads to an austere square building built on two floors, Ca 'Bigolin. A careful historical investigation showed that the building have been rebuilt by the noble family of Padua, Bigolin, around 1540.
Originally the main wall faced the river, ennobled by the portal which has two giant figures of soft stone eroded by time and weather; at that time the main wall was not suffocated as today by the river bank, which is the result of an hydraulic arrangement of the first decades of the nineteenth century. Inside of the building there is a precious cycle of artistic figures with allegorical scenes, painted by Lambert Sustris, a Dutch painter active in Padua in the sixteenth century.
Close to the building there is also a beautiful colannade with a rectangular plan with five arches which face the south; until a few decades ago it was partly used as a residence.