The chapel which was located inside the Princes Palace of Carrar, or Royal Palace Cararesi, designed by Ubertino in 1343, was built between 1345 and 1349: It was conceived as a private chapel reserved for the Prince and the immediate family.
Guariento decorated it by 1354. The cycle of frescoes depicting stories of the Old Testament and completed by tables with the famous angelic hierarchies was dismembered in the eighteenth century after the demolition of a chapel wall. Today the tables with the angels are at the Eremitani Museum in an exhibition which reproduces the originql location in the Carrarese chapel. Within the Academy guests may admire some frescoes with scenes from the Old Testament, in which Guariento with very personal touch gives the content of the sacred dimension of everyday life, leading to early “courteous” effects.