CASA CANONICA OF SELVAZZANO DENTRO

CASA CANONICA OF SELVAZZANO DENTRO

On the left of the old church, now transformed into an auditorium, there is the CASA CANONICA (?) , built in the late eighteenth century. The austere building, improved and completed by the priest Sudiero Joseph (1796-1819), has got on the facade traces of a sundial, while inside, above the doors of the two salons, has got painted panels that recall, for the subjects represented, the decorative motifs adopted by the abbot Melchior Cesarotti (of which Don Sudiero was friend) in landscaping of its country residence.

 

@Photo credits: Archivio Comune di Selvazzano Dentro

Via Roma, 72
35030   Selvazzano Dentro   (PD)