DUODO VILLA

DUODO VILLA

Place on the Rocca Hill, the complex was built by the Vebetian noble Duodo family. The oldest part (1593) on the right, is a work by architect Vincenzo Scamozzi. On two floors, it has a rectangular plan and the main façade, facing north, crowned by a pediment: The most recent space, added in 1700 by Andrea Tirali, is placed orthogonally to the oldest part of Scamozzi. To the left of the complex there develops an exedra dedicated to San Francesco Saverio; always him is dedicated a small chapel located on the top of the complex, which commemorates the stay in Monselice in 1537. The complex includes also the San Giorgio Oratory, work by Scamozzi, which holds 25 relics of protomartyrs

Villas Castles Squares and Historic Gardens
via del , 11
Monselice   (PD)  


Area: 
Bassa Padovana
Remarks: 
Access only outside