MADONNA PELLEGRINA SANCUTARY

MADONNA PELLEGRINA SANCUTARY

The Marian sanctuary was built by the bishop Agostini, who had promised in vote during the war (1943) if Padua had been spared by the bombings. The church was consecrated December 10, 1954 after the “Big Passage” with the Pilgrim Virgin statue in the territory of the city and the diocese. Inside, of particular importance a wooden Christ of the sixteenth century, a statue of the Madonna seated with the Child, polychrome terracotta of 1400, a wooden Christ of the seventeenth century.

Places of Faith
Via D'Acquapendente, 60
35126   Padova   (PD)  
Tel: 049 685716


Bus: 
3