MASTIO FEDERICIANO

MASTIO FEDERICIANO

The Rocca hill was fortified in the Byzantine period, around 600 AD, just before Agilulf, Lombards king, conquered Monselice. On the hill slope there were brought to light a small Lombard necropolis, whose graves have been preserved at the Lombard Antiquarian, and the fortifications remains, of residential buildings and the apse of the Santa Giustina ancient parish church, are dated between the twelfth and fourteenth century. The latter was made breaking down by Ezzelino Romano, on the Frederick II of Swabia orders in 1239 century to make way for the Keep.

Villas Castles Squares and Historic Gardens
via Sette Chiese (via del Santuario)
35043   Monselice   (PD)  
Tel: 0429 72931


Area: 
Bassa Padovana
Opening time in Summer: 
02.04-30.06 e 01.09-31.10 Sun and feast days 14.30-18
Remarks: 
€4-€2