NEW PARISH CHURCH OF SAN GIACOMO

NEW PARISH CHURCH OF SAN GIACOMO

The church, founded in 1332, was rebuilt in the late seventeenth and early eighteenth century and consecrated July 21, 1748 by Cardinal Carlo Rezzonico the Bishop of Padua and the future pope with the name of Clement XIII. The façade, in the Baroque style, is decorated with four pilasters with Corinthian capitals. Above the cornice rests a triangular pedient with a central rose window, decorated with three statues representing the three theological virtues: Faith, Hope and Charity; in front of the church, next to the Venetian bridge, there is the statue of San Giovanni Nepomuceno, San Zuane for local people, the patron saint of the persecuted innocent and invoked against the dangers arising from water, work of a local sculptor of the second half of the eighteenth century.

Places of Faith
via Colli Euganei, 7
35041   Battaglia Terme   (PD)  
Tel: 049 525143


Area: 
Bassa Padovana