The church, designed by Michele Carretta (engineer) in 1944 and inaugurated in September 1959, stands out over a spacious square recently renovated. Inside of the church are preserved pieces of art that once adorned the old church.
Among all the works worthy of note are the following ones: The resurrection of Christ in the apse, a painting of the early eighteenth century attributed to Antonio Balestra (1666-1740); in the chapel right in front of the organ The Coronation of the Virgin and Saints, an oil on canvas of the mid-eighteenth century by the rococo style; above the second door on the left, St. Peter's, a canvas whose stylistic return to the school of Paolo Veronese (1522-1588); above the side door right Ubaldo, St. Bonaventure and St. Louis, oil on canvas by Palma il Giovane (Venice 1544- 1628). The others are: St. Michael in glory, the work of a Venetian painter of the late eighteenth century (hexagonal canvas above the first door on the left); Santa Barbara, copy of the Santa Barbara Palma il Vecchio preserved in the Venetian church of Santa Maria Formosa (above the side door on the left); Communion of a holy bishop, the work of the eighteenth century (over the body); St. Scholastica, St. Benedict, the Holy Bishop and Saint Benedictine order, oil on canvas attributed to the Venetian painter Pietro Damini, who lived in the early seventeenth century (above the sectarian left); St. Michael the Archangel, by nineteenth-century Venetian Antonio Zambler (apse of the Baptistery); Birth of Mary and Our Lady of the Rosary (above the confessional right). Two paintings are kept in the sacristy. Valuable is the terracotta statue of the Virgin and Child (XVII cent.) restored in the eighties.
@Photo credits: Archivio Comune di Selvazzano Dentro