The complex, in excellent condition, is palced on top of the St. Helena hill. It consists of the three-storey villa, which is accessed through a monumental staircase of 140 steps, of a tower, a chapel dedicated to St. Helena and a garden. The villa, cruciform with corners closed by square towers and a large dome in lead, has a façade of Palladian inspiration. The entrance stairway was built in 1650 to connect the villa to the new buildings erected at the base of the hill, near the sweating cave; in this period are the frescoes in the central hall by Luca Ferrari. In 1816 the Selvatico commissioned Giuseppe Jappelli, architect and hydraulic engineer(1783-1852), to rearrange the park. Jappelli designed the garden according to the romantic fashion, taking advantage of the thermal waters of the three lakes, designed from scratch remittances, greenhouses, thermal baths and changed the head of the staircase inserting neo- Gothic reasons.