The complex is one of the urban planning best examples organized on the installation of a Venetian villa. Between the sixteenth and eighteenth century a branch of the great Ventian Contarini family acquired vast estates in the western side of the Euganean Hills including the Nina medieval castle.
The building has a square tripartite plan, in the center there are salons overlooking, and on the sides the rooms and a staircase inside; a low floor service that serves to “disconnect” from the ground the two main high floors, one above the other and architecturraly differentaited , and finally an attic for the servants. The windows have a bright stone balustrades, triangle gables and arched. The classic style is reserved for the central sector of the main façade, face south, where we observe the columns and pilasters canonical superposition: Tuscan on the first floor, Ionic on the second and Corinthian on the gable roof. To decorate the keystones of the mullioned window of the second floor are three beautiful busts probably interpreted as a warrior lansquenet flanked by two nobles queens.
At the palace, during the seventeenth century, adding: an oratory, a tavern and a square that with the river port will give rise to a small town.
In the ninetenth century the building underwent a complete renovation, modernization desired by
Maria Giovanelli-Venier, who modified the plant: on the rear of the building was added an octagonal body projecting to house the monumental “volute” scale from Meduna. The central halls were divided, the rooms changed in size and added new false ceilings decorated with paintings in tempera in neo-baroque and rococo. These changes made it so a mere holiday home.
In December 1943, the villa was requisitioned by the Republican of Salò and used as a Jews concentration camp in the provinces of Paua and Rovigo and since then, for about seven months,ie until July 1944 in the field of Vo' were held to 60 people arrested in compliance with the circular of 30 November 1943 issued by the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Salo Buffarini Guidi. On 17 July 1944 the Jews, then in the field, were taken by the Germans, imprisoned in Padua, then transferred to S. Sabba rice mill in Trieste and finally crammed into freight cars, in the labor and extermination camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau in Poland: Among Jews who were already detained in Vo' only three will survive.