The Villa was designed by Andrea Palladio between 1551 and 1554 and commissioned by the Venetian nobleman Giorgio Cornaro. He wanted to build a place for the family to be used during the sowing and harvesting period. The building develops on two square floors, with two facades: one facing the road, the other towards the countryside. The Villa, still incomplete in 1582, was finished in 1596 (maybe under the direction of Scamozzi), with the insertion of the loggia on the upper floor. Inside, the rectangular atrium is supported by four architraved columns; on the walls there are niches that house statues depicting people of the Cornaro House; they were made by Camillo Mariani. On the walls there can be seen a cycle of frescos by Mattia Bortoloni, painted between 1716 and 1718. The marble fireplaces and eighteenth-century stuccos made by Bartolomeo Cabianca are also remarkable. It's admirable the original distribution of the rooms with the atrium on the ground floor and the hall on the upper floor which connect the various rooms of the building, therefore enhancing its breadth.
At last, there are several columns and snow-white statues which enrich the interior, together with eighteenth-century frescos depicting episodes taken from the Bible.
The Villa Cornaro has a remarkable international cultural and landscaping importance, having been reincluded in the UNESCO cultural serial site named "City of Vicenza and Palladian Villas in Veneto, set in 2006.
For more info on the characteristics of the Site and the related management plan, link here: https://www.comune.vicenza.it/uffici/cms/unesco.php