The palace can be reached from Selvazzano heading towards the bridge over the Bachiglione; once it was accessed along the now canceled “Avenue of Remembrance”, whose dedication made to the myth of the Great War advocated during the Fascist area; unfortunately, of the trees palnted in memory of the fallen no longer remains exemplary. On the right there is a row of modest terraced houses where disappeared a few tiny shops and the old carpentry. Further, on the left, another row of houses gardually diverges from the road to make way for the entrance gate of the large garden of the house Piacentini nestled between the right bank and the ramp up tot he bridge. The origin of this remarkable architectural complex is linked to the presence of floating mills whose activity is attested since the eighth century A.D.; once owned by the Scrovegni, then moved to Cararesi, sold at auction in 1406 and later passed to Pisani “Dal Banco”, the mills were acquired at the beginning of the last century by Piacentini who retained ownership until 1913, when the Waterway Manager had them demolished. The plant complex, which acquired its current appearance in 1870, is in the shape of “L” and consists of three floors proposing the type of Venetian manor house with large living room and through the side rooms of size almost equal to each other. The main facade faces the final stretch of Via Roma; on the other side, behind the right bank, there is the long barchessa with porch arches and wooden beams. Inside the house it is preserved an inscription of 1761 with rates due to the transit on the bridge that then connected the two banks of the Bacchiglione, which vary depending on the number of chariot's wheels and the size of the animals. The plaque commemorates the concession made by the Venetian government to the family Pisani “Dal Banco” and comes from Creole where Pisani were masters of another floating mill in the river Bacchiglione.
@Photo credits: Archivio Comune di Selvazzano Dentro