University of Padova - Bo Palace

University of Padova - Bo Palace

The historical seat of Padua University Palazzo Bo keeps an extraordinary architectural, historical and cultural heritage.  The complex we see today is the result of the restoration of a series of buildings which gathered together ancient medieval towers and renaissance palaces. The old  courtyard with a double doric and ionic order of arcades is  by Andrea Moroni (mid 16th century), the  Anatomy Theatre, was built in 1594 by the famous professor of Anatomy Gerolamo Fabrici d´Acquapendente, the Sala dei Quaranta is decorated by the portraits of 40 famous personages who studied at the University and keeps  Galileo´s  original chair,  the 18th-century Aula Magna was renovated from 1854-56 and in 1942 (by the architect Giò Ponti). In the small hall adjacent to the Anatomy Theatre there is a permanent exhibition of busts and coat of arms, old diplomas, engravings, portraits, medals, seals, various documents and a wooden model of the Anatomy Theatre (scale 1:10) For guided tours for (schools and groups) call: +39 (049) 8273047 Here is the official website of the University of Padova www.unipd.it.

Monuments
University of Padova - Bo Palace
via VIII Febbraio
35122   Padova   (PD)  
Tel: 049 8273047-3315


Bus: 
TRAM, 2,3,11,12,16,18,A/M/T
Opening time in Winter: 
01.11-28.025: mon, wed and fri 14.30-15.30, tue, thu and sat 10.30-11.30
Opening time in Summer: 
01.03-31.10: mon, wed, thu and fri 14.30-15.30-16.30; tue and thu 9.30-10.30-11.30; sat 9.30-10.30-11.30 (and 12.30 until october 2017)
Closing Time: 
Sunday and holidays. 12-13.06 and 14-19.08.2017
Remarks: 
Tickets: €7-€4-€2. Guided tour included.