A red London-style double-decker tourist bus to discover Padua from above: the City Sightseeing Bus is available from March to October.
At each stage you can go down, visit the places you are interested in, then climb up and continue the route.
You can buy your ticket directly on board or online at City Sightseeing Padua.
Starting from the terminus of the Basilica del Santo, the tour touches the main points of interest of the city:
- Piazza delle Erbe where you can admire the Palazzo della Ragione,
- Piazza dei Signori with the loggia of the Gran Guardia and a stone’s throw from the Duomo and the Baptistery,
- Piazza Garibaldi, a stone’s throw from the famous café without doors, the Pedrocchi café,
- Piazza Eremitani/Corso del Popolo, very close to the Civic Museums and the Scrovegni Chapel,
- Piazzetta Ippolito Nievo with the church of Santa Sofia,
- the Portello where you could embark for a boat trip combined with the tour,
- Via Venezia for the university area and the fair,
- Piazza della Stazione, Piazza Petrarca, disembarkation point for the boat trip,
Riviera Paleocapa where there is the Tower of the Specola,
- Prato della Valle, the grassless meadow or one of the largest squares in Europe
- and finally ends again at the terminus of the Basilica del Santo, a strategic point to visit the Botanical Garden
Information on the site.