Padua is located between the cities of Vicenza, Treviso, Venice and Rovigo.
It is easily reachable by train: with the high-speed trains you can reach Padua without changes in about 4 hours from Rome or Turin, just over 2 hours from Milan or Florence. From Padua it is also possible to reach the main towns of the North-East by train: Venice and Vicenza in about half an hour, Verona and Treviso in an hour, Cortina in 2 hours, even with direct connection.
The city center can be reached by foot in less than 20 minutes, or by public transport (buses and tram).
Information, timetables and tickets are available on the websites:
Padua FS Railway station
How to get:
- By car: A4 Milan-Venice motorway, exit Padova Ovest or Padova Est, follow the signs for the ring road in direction Padua-railway station; A13 Bologna-Padova motorway, follow the signs for the South ring road or the A4 Milan-Venice motorway in east direction.
- By bus: urban, suburban and tram lines connect different areas of the Province at the Padua train station. Timetable available on www.fsbusitaliaveneto.it
- By taxi: the waiting taxi stand is in the square in front of the station (RadioTaxi +03 049651333; www.taxipadova.it).
- By foot: from the center of Padua, heading north through Corso del Popolo.
- The train station is open every day. Closed from 00:50 am to 3:30 am
The ticket office desk is open every day from 6.00 am to 9.00 pm; there are ticket machines operating 24 hours a day.
Information: number 89 20 21 every day 24 hours a day. From abroad +39 06 68475475 every day from 7 am to 11:59 pm. It is also possible to call +39 06 3000, active every day 24 hours a day.
- The Customer Service Office is open every day from 6 am to 10 pm.
- For customers with disabilities or reduced mobility: free number 800 90 60 60 reachable from landline; national number with ordinary tariffs 02.32.32.32 reachable from landline and mobile phone. It is possible to ask for assistance service in Padua, going in person to the Blue Room located at the Venezia Santa Lucia train station (every day from 6.45 am to 9.30 pm), or by calling up to 1 hour before the departure / arrival time of the train, or through the SalaBlu Online website.
- At the train station there is also a FrecciaClub open every day from 5:40 am to 9:00 pm (+39 049 875 2601).
- The luggagge room is open every day from 6:30 am to 8 pm. Emergency contact +39 345 2758512.