A prestigious venue that hosts shows, concerts and theatre productions, the Auditorium in Selvazzano is a deconsecrated church that has acquired a new lease of life. From its Opera Festival to its Jazz Festival – along with various performances by the area’s schools – it has become a point of reference for cultural life throughout the zone.
The present form of the bell-tower dates from the nineteeneth century, although the church also underwent extensive restructuring in 1655. A small treasure trove of artistic riches in its own right, the building houses fine church furnishings and numerous paintings by Veneto artists (most of which are on loan from state collections).
The church was used as a place of worship up to 1959, when the new church was opened. Following this, it served as a craft workshop and then began its present function after painstakingly precise restoration during the 1980s.