Built in 1377 it was painted by Altichiero da Zevio for the Marquis Raimondino Lupi di Soragna as a family mausoleum.
Inside still intact the fresco decoration that entirely covers the walls with the stories of the life of Christ and St. George depicted, but there is no lack of personalities from the Lupi family celebrated in their nobility.
The frescoed cycle develops within large frames that connect the real space to the simulated one of the paintings.
The scenes are organized in two superimposed registers covered by the barrel vault divided into three spans by painted decorative bands. The quality of the paintings, the perspective solutions, the adherence to the real data make this cycle such an innovative masterpiece that it anticipates the fifteenth-century spatial research.