Palazzo Eugenio Maestri was designed by the engineer Eugenio Maestri in 1878 and completed in 1880. Up to 1997 it housed the Town Hall, whose offices were then transferred to their present-day location in Piazza Puchetti.
Restructing work began in 2008, and now the palazzo houses the Town Library, public offices (library, sport and culture departments); institutional venues and a new Council Chamber (created by extending the rear of the old building) This chamber, which is used not only for council meetings but also for other offical gatherings, has multimedia facilities for conference-voting, recording and live-streaming.
Palazzo Eugenio Maestri comprises a central body, two side wings and the above-mentioned rear extension. The central block has three floors and houses the new Town Library, which is named after Melchiorre Cesarotti. However, three rooms on the second floor are given over to other institutional uses (Sala “Regina Caterina Cornaro”, Sala “Conte Giorgio Emo Capodilista” and Sala “Giovanni Poleni”). The Sala “Vittorio de Zanche” on the ground floor has a glass floor which makes it possible to see the remains of the walls of the nineteenth-century church that once stood here.