Villa Ca’ Sagredo is located in the centre Conselve within the heart of the Veneto countryside. Work on the structure began in 1660 for Giovanni Sagredo, a procuratore in Venice who served as podestà in Padua and also as an ambassador to some of the main courts of Europe Typically seventeenth-century in design, the villa was originally envisaged as a hunting lodge but then transformed in to a noble country residence by Piero Sagredo, Giovanni’s son; however, he did not carry out all of the work initially envisaged by the magnificent project.
In the eighteenth century the villa became the property of the Balzan family, who, in the early years of the following century, would carry out the restoration work required after the estate had been looted by Napoleon’s troops. Subsequently, it would be acquired by the Counts Toderini dei Gagliardis della Volta, who still own it.
Set in a large park with age-old trees, historic rose plants and vineyards, the villa is a seventeenth-century structure that extends horizontally, with a roof line surmounted by various decorative motifs and stone statues of allegorical figures representing Music, Poetry, Agriculture, Wealth, Charity, Hunger and Abundance. Inside, the villa has preserved the original stucco work that gives the name to the four main rooms: The Vase Room, the Shield Room (where a baroque style fireplace is adorned with the crest of the Sagredo family: a red band with three gold lilies), the Columns Room and the Unicorn room.