This country residence dates from the very last years of the sixteenth century and would appear to be that declared to be the property of Andrea Da Mosto in a 1616 land survey. After the fall of the Venetian Republic, it changed hands a number of times prior to 1858, when it was bought by Luigi Rana; possession was ceded to the Loreggia Town Council on 12 April 1927.
The elegant Venetian palazzo stands alongside the main road, rather like a fondaco [a typical Venetian trading station/warehouse]. The loggia, with three arches and a balustrade, provides shelter for the piano nobile whilst also allowing the passage of abundant natural light. In 1863 the villa was restored and decorated with a series of frescoes and stuccowork; these additions included a gallery of fine portraits by Armano Francesco (1864). During the 1988 restorations interesting fragments of wall decorations dating from the late sixteenth/early seventeenth century came to light.