Built at the beginning of the sixteenth century for the Polcastro family, the villa underwent various modifications over the period from the seventeenth to the nineteenth century; the last restructuring was on the occasion of the marriage of Girolamo Polcastro and Caterina Querini Stampalia.
It was then that the villa took on its present appearance: a palazzo with a fine classical-style facade looking west, an wide south facade giving onto the Italian garden and a seventeenth-century wing leading off the new central body of the villa. After certain conflicts over inheritance, the villa passed into the hands of the Fondazione Querini Satampalia, which then sold it to the Wollemborg family in 1870; exactly one century later, in 1970, it was purchased by the Gomiero family, who still own it.
The ample park within which the villa is set was laid out in the early nineteenth century by Giuseppe Jappelli (the architect of Padua’s Caffè Pedrocchi), and is in the Romantic style of the time.
It is an ideal place for a stroll after dinner or lunch, or simply for those who wish to relax in the midst of a pleasant natural setting.
The villa hosts private events and is an ideal venue for meetings and conferences.