Church of Santa Maria Ausiliatrice

Religious buildings
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Caselle’s name recalls its origins as just a collection of humble houses [case] along the roadside. And it is along Strada Pelosa that one finds the oldest houses here – together with the modern kindergarten, primary school and church. For the inhabitants here, the parish church of San Michele was too far away, so on 10 May 1925 work began on a new church, dedicated to Mary, Help of Christians. Surrounded by sports facilities and the ‘Mamma Margherita’ kindergarten, the church gives onto a small square (enclosed by a garden) and bears a aedicule that contains a sacred image of The Virgin and Child.
On 26 July 1930 the new curate, Don Riccardo De Mori, arrived in Caselle from Monselice, and would stay a total of 33 years, first as curate (up to 1940) and thereafter as parish priest (until 1963). His early years (1931-38) would see the construction of the presbytery, the choir and the sacristy; the walls of the central nave were also knocked through, to create side aisles (now separated from the nave by arched columns) and side chapels.
In 1941 the apse and side chapels were decorated with frescoes by the brothers Galliano and Armando Miglioraro from Montegrotto. The church was further adorned with a statue of the Madonna by the Venetian sculptor Vincenzo Cadorin, which was donated by Mons. Vittorio De Zanche; the brothers Antonio, Pietro and Giuseppe De Zanche also donated the statues of the Sacred Heart and of Don Bosco, both by the sculptor Luigi Strazzbosco. The church was consecrated by Bishop Vittorio De Zanche on 22 November 1958.


Via Pelosa, 63, Caselle Selvazzano Dentro PD

Resta in contatto

Iscriviti per ricevere aggiornamenti sugli eventi e le attività della città di Padova.