Villa Baglioni

Piano nobile Villa Baglioni a Massanzago

An extraordinary Veneto villa with frescoes by the famous artist Giambattista Tiepolo. The aristocratic residence part of the villa complex was restored in the 1970s and now houses the Massanzago Town Hall.

Antica Pieve San Prosdocimo, Oltre Brenta

Interno Pieve San Prosdocimo Villanova di Csp

After long restoration the old parish church of San Prosdocimo Oltre Brenta [St. Prosdocimus beyond the Brenta] in the town of Villanova di Camposampiero is again open to the public.

Villa Ruzzini

Esterno fronte sud Villa Ruzzini Villanova di Csp

The Town Hall of Villanova di Camposampiero is housed in a villa that dates from the sixteenth century but underwent modification in the eighteenth. It has a central block that, towards the town square, has a projecting body with a piano nobile loggia; the interior contains a cycle of frescoes dating from the first half of the seventeenth century.

Villa Cornaro

Esterno facciata nord Villa Cornaro Piombino Dese

At the heart of the Valle Agredo is a building that is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a source of great local pride: Villa Cornaro, a work that shows the architect Andrea Palladio achieving full artistic maturity as he revels in both monumentality and architectural detail.

Palazzo del Liviano

Palazzo del Liviano atrio

Palazzo Liviano is one of the main results of the expansion of university premises that took place when Carlo Anti was Rettore [chancellor] of the university, from 1932 to 1943. It was Anti who was responsible for commissioning major artists from all over Italy to design, expand or embellish various university buildings.

Villa Campello

esternno barchessa Villa Campello Camposampiero

Next to the sixteenth-century Villa Querini stands Villa Campello, an elegant nineteenth-century villa which now houses the Camposampiero Public Library. The two villas are located near the Muson Vecchio river.

Sala dei Giganti

Sala dei Giganti1

This public chamber within the Carraresi Palace is known as the Giants’ Chamber because it was frescoed with depictions of figures described in Petrarch’s De Viris Illustribus; the poet was a friend and frequent guest of Francesco I da Carrara. The only extant trace of those frescoes – painted in 1370 by Altichiero da Zevio and Jacopo Avanzi – is an image of Petrarch in his study.